Pages

Friday, 11 November 2011

CT v. Southside Hornets 5/11/11

Late, and very short post on this match because.... I mislaid my notes and despite all efforts haven.'t traced them yet. Humble apologies. I'll fill in the details when I finally track them down.

It's a pity because all the supporters bench agreed that it was a really good match! SH came out looking confident and won 38-12 (I think) but that score doesn't tell the whole story. Cheadle made them fight for every point, with everyone playing bolder and more co-ordinated Basketball than we've seen before.

Southside were a good team but had one excellent player (#8). He made a huge effort to get to the right place at the right time, and scored most of SH's points. Without him the team would have found CT much harder to beat. Closer marking next time?

What I most liked about this game was that players were doing things that they don't normally try to do. Playing in Division 1 was too easy; we may not be winning yet, but we're playing the bog boys now, and we're starting to give them a game.


No comments:

Post a Comment